Thursday, August 28, 2008

Listen to Mr. Pink

Don't get me started on Nokia. I liked them too much in the golden days of 6310i, the best phone I have ever had. It all went down hill from there. I have hardly managed to find one I could use, the 3310c, at least from limited offering we have here on our planet.

Trying to synchronize the phone with my Mac, in order to backup my phone book, however, have brought me nothing but suffering and anxiety. First this happened, then after I finally managed to make it work, it filled my phone with corrupt and duplicate names. Frustrated, I wrote the "Why is that?".

Amir Kirsh wrote his post in response, claiming that a successful company should focus on what to do and what not to do, choose what is important and what it could do without. I certainly agree, and in a way, this is exactly the problem with Nokia. They should have focused on making a good phone.

Listen to this. According to the GSM arena, Nokia have around 250 different models of phones. Even if you don't agree with Barry Schwartz, it is way too much. So speaking of focus, we would all rather Nokia produced ten good, well engineered and very well supported phones, now don't we? Instead, they save their effort on providing a decent iSync plugin, when they wrote a complete and totally useless Nokia suite. Need I remind you, we are talking about number one cellphone manufacturer in the world. Number one. And they are too busy producing yet another half baked and unsupported model. Why is that?

Allow me to finish with a quote from "Reservoir Dogs".

Mr. Pink: Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've been here a long fucking time and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled *six* times.
Mr. Blonde: Six times. Well, what if she's too fucking busy?
Mr.Pink: The words "too fucking busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.

They really shouldn't

No comments: